Family Migration

Visa Options

Australian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor close family members to come to Australia. However, it is only possible to sponsor relatives in very limited circumstances:

Parent Visa

If you are parents with at least half of your children living permanently in Australia, you may be eligible for a parent visa. A parent-visa gives you permanent residency in Australia. However, there are several visa options, with different processing times and costs. If you are a parent at a certain age, you may be eligible to apply for an onshore ‘aged parent’ visa which allows you to remain in Australia during the processing time.

Aged Dependant Relatives

If you are aged-relative–retirement age–of an Australian citizen or permanent resident and you are being supported financially by your relative; your relative may be able to sponsor you for an aged dependent relative visa.

Remaining Relatives

You may be eligible for a remaining relative visa, if all of your close relatives (parents, brothers and sisters) are living permanently in Australia.

Our Expertise

We, at the NikBrown Migration, have extensive experience with Family Migration cases and we can assist you with:

  • Selecting the most appropriate visa option for you
  • Lodgment and processing of the visa application on your behalf
  • Complications with meeting the sponsorship or assurance of support requirements

Please contact us if you have further questions.