Business Sponsorship (457 ENS)


To apply you must:

  • be nominated to work in an approved occupation on the Skilled Occupation Lists (Formerly Known as Form 1121i)
  • meet the skill requirements for the nominated occupation
  • meet registration and licensing obligations
  • speak vocational English
  • have been nominated by an approved business

Approved occupations

You must work in a skilled occupation that has been approved by the Australian Government.

The list of eligible occupations is available on the Skilled Occupation Lists (Formerly Known as Form 1121i). This list includes a number (an ANZSCO Code) next to each occupation title.

You can use this code to find a more detailed description of the qualifications and experience required for each of the eligible occupations from the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

Skill requirements

You need to show that you have the skills and experience necessary to work in the nominated occupation. The evidence that you can provide is listed in the Document checklist for visa applicants.​

If your nominated occupation is a trade occupation, you might need to do a skills assessment. The Trades Recognition Australia website has more information on which occupations require an assessment.

If your nominated occupation is ‘Project and Program Administrator or Specialist Manager not elsewhere classified’, you will need to a skills assessment for migration purposes. The VETASSESS website has more information. You cannot use a VETASSESS skills assessment that you have had for a Skilled General (Temporary) visa (subclass 485) in your application for this visa.