This visa replaces both the offshore Subclass 175 and the onshore Subclass 885 visa.
SkillSelect Only Application
The applicant must first lodge an Expression of Interest and be invited by the Department of Immigration (DIAC) to apply.
It is very important that you have all required documentation prepared to lodge because once you are invited by the DIAC you have only 60 days to apply.
For this visa you would need to:
- Lodge an EOI and be invited by DIAC to apply
- Meet the pass mark in the skilled migration points test – currently 60
- Be aged between 18 and 49 inclusive
- Pass Skills Assessment in an occupation on the relevant Skilled Occupations List
- Have Competent English or higher (6 minimum in IELTS or holder of approved passports)
- Meet health and character requirements
You do not need to be sponsored.
Apply in or out of Australia?
You can be in or out of Australia when you apply. In order to lodge from within Australia, you would need to hold a substantive visa or a Bridging A, B or C visa. Once you apply from within Australia, a bridging visa allows you to remain in Australia during the processing time of your visa application.
Including Family Members
You can include the following types of family members in your application:
- Spouses, defacto partners and same-sex partners
- Dependent children
- Other dependent family members – eg parents who live with you and are financially dependent
It is possible to include partners and dependent children after lodgement of the application, but other dependent family members must be included at lodgement.
Nikbrown has significant expertise in handling general skilled visa applications, we will assist you with:
- Getting your skills assessed
- Coming up with strategies to maximise your points score
- Lodging visa applications within tight deadlines
- Managing your bridging visas
Please contact us if you would like assistance with your Skilled Independent visa application.